A downloadable game for Windows
NetGun is a LAN multiplayer top-down "twin-stick" space shooter that uses the server-client networking model facilitating real-time joining and exiting with no structure imposed on how matches between players are run.
Gameplay involves space ships turning and accelerating in a shared "arena" while firing lasers at the other space ships to destroy them with the objective of being the last ship remaining. An incredibly original conecpt indeed!
WAN gameplay can be achived via the use of port forwarding.
NetGun's main features are:
- Various aspects of gameplay (ship speed, laser damage, etc.) can be adjusted on the server.
- The amount of clients that are allowed to connect to the server, specified by the server operator, doesn't have an imposed maximum limit.
NetGun does have a known issues:
- If a client attempts to connect to a server but there is no instance of the NetGun Server running at the target IP address and port, this failed connection attempt will freeze the client requiring it to be force-closed via Windows Task Manager.
- In-game keyboard: W to apply thruster, A and D to turn, spacebar to fire.
- In-game gamepad: Left stick up to apply thruster, right stick sideways to turn, and right trigger to fire.
- Main Menu: Up and down arrow keys to scroll current list, left and right arrow keys to switch current list, enter to select (if applicable), standard letter and number keys to type in fields that can be typed in.
|Published||236 days ago|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, GameMaker, PvP, Sci-fi, Shooter, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Links||Server Source Code, Client Source Code|
Both the server and client are required to run a game of NetGun. If you've downloaded only one of the NetGun programs, you'll need to download the other one as well.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.